The Way of Discipline
Discipline: The root of all good qualities. The driver of daily execution. The core principle that overcomes laziness and lethargy and excuses. Discipline defeats the infinite excuses that say: Not today, not now, I need a rest, I will do it tomorrow.
Jacko describes what he calls the Way of Discipline in his book, which has the following “tenants”:
- Discipline is the root of all good qualities
- Discipline is the driver of daily execution
- Discipline overcomes laziness and lethargy
- Discipline defeats excuses
- Discipline comes from within
On the last point, Jocko argues that self-discipline comes when you make the decision to be disciplined.
Source: Discipline Equals Freedom